VetAssist Florida client Beatrice Z. (91) and Donna Appel, Veterans Home Care National Sales Director (age undetermined), had a surprise reunion recently at the Senior Center where Beatrice takes art classes.
Beatrice, who has no family except a niece in New York, has been a VetAssist client for a little over a year.
The VetAssist Program helped Beatrice receive the VA’s Aid & Attendance benefit, which provides her with more than 47 hours of home care a month – care she couldn’t otherwise afford and that allows her to continue living in her own home.
“I just love to visit with her; she is doing great and she looks so happy to see me,” Appel said. “Originally, she said she didn’t want our help, but what would she do without it?”
The VetAssist® Program adds value to your client relationships. There’s no cost to your agency to be a VetAssist® Program Partner – and we do all the work! It couldn’t be simpler:
- You refer a client to Veterans Home Care and we help with the VA pension application;
- We keep you informed of progress and let you know when the application goes to the VA so you can begin care;
- Your caregivers begin home care; Veterans Home Care handles client invoicing and regularly pays you for all the services you provide to “Aid & Attendance” clients.
VetAssist® Program Partner = Value to Your Home Care Agency
- Increased volume of clients, including many who could not otherwise afford your quality services;
- Payment for your services, with reduced financial risk to you;
- Administrative cost savings.
The VetAssist® Program = Value to Clients
- Assistance with complicated VA application process;
- Access to quality home care with no up-front costs, and without waiting for pension payments to begin;
- The comfort of remaining in their own homes and living with dignity.