Our Unique Services
16 Years Experience Helping Veteran Families
At Veterans Home Care, we’re dedicated to helping veterans who have proudly served their country, or their surviving spouses, get the benefits they deserve.
- We help you determine if you qualify for the VA Aid & Attendance Pension Benefit.
- We assist you to identify and obtain documents needed for the application.
- We help you complete and submit the application to the VA.
- We provide your home care right away.
- We furnish an interest-free loan so you can pay for your home care while the VA processes your application.
- We monitor your application’s progress, and assist with responses to VA requests for additional information until your pension is approved.
98% Client Satisfaction with VetAssist
Even after you receive your pension, our VetAssist® Program keeps working for you
- We monitor your home care, to assure that you get the services you need, on a schedule that works for you.
- We keep track of your medical expenses and help you stay in compliance with the VA, so you retain the maximum allowable pension amount.
- We assist you to file any additional paperwork with the VA.
- We’re always a phone call away if you have questions or concerns.
Getting the Care You Need
Veterans Home Care can provide you with assistance including:
- Help with bathing
- Help with dressing
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation
- Transferring to and from bed
- Personal care
- Respite care
- Light housekeeping
- Additional services – including help to access other community resources to improve your quality of life.
Do You Have the “3-Ms”?
- Military: Are you a veteran or the surviving spouse of a veteran who served at least 90 days on active duty, at least one day during wartime with an honorable discharge? (Persian Gulf War veterans must have two years of active duty or the full period of which they were called for active duty.)
- Medical: Do you have a non service-connected medical condition causing you to need assistance with activities of daily living?
- Money: Do you have limited income and assets? (Your home and car are exempt.)
Did you serve during one of the VA Defined War Periods
- World War II: Dec 7, 1941-Dec. 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950-Jan. 31, 1955
- Vietnam Era: Aug. 5, 1964-May 7, 1975 For veterans who served Feb. 28, 1961-Aug 5, 1964, must have served “in country” (Vietnam).
- Persian Gulf War: Aug 2, 1990- date to be prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law. Must have served active duty for two years or the full period of which the veteran was called for active duty.
About the VA Pension
About the Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension benefit
In 1952 Congress passed Title 38 of the United States Code, creating what we now call the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and authorizing benefits for veterans. One of these benefits is the Non-Service Connected Pension, with “Aid & Attendance.” (Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension benefit.)
Even though the pension has been around for 60 years, very few people know about it or understand how it works. Veterans Home Care has 16 years’ experience successfully helping veteran families apply for and receive the pension. Let us help you, too.
You may have what it takes to be eligible for the “Aid & Attendance” benefit.