Position: Care Call Specialist I
FLSA Status: Full-Time Hourly Non-Exempt
Summary of the position
The Care Call Center Specialist position maintains and interacts, almost exclusively through the telephone with clients from various Home Care agencies or individuals. This position is responsible for making Care Calls to individuals to check in on their Safety, Security and Wellness.
Reasonable accommodations can be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage Heavy Client Load:
- Conduct outbound calls to individuals enrolled in our Care Call 4 You program.
- Document and Record:
- Summarize each client call, noting any changes or concerns voiced by the client.
- Categorize calls based on urgency using specific guidelines to communicate the level of follow-up needed.
- Follow-up on Concerns:
- Address concerns promptly, categorizing them as Intermediate, Urgent, or Emergent.
- Ensure client contacts and/or the home care agency are informed and take necessary actions.
- Acknowledge all follow-ups by the end of the day.
- Emergency Situations:
- Contact and interact with the client’s local 911 when an emergency concern is voiced.
- Computer and Telephone Work:
- Engage in extensive computer and telephone work.
- Other Duties:
- Assist any VH Care department as assigned.
- Understanding of basic medical terminology
- Ability to critically think and interpret client needs.
- Communication Proficiency and ability to engage clients in dialogue
- Customer Service Orientation
- Personal Credibility/Effectiveness
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
No supervisory responsibilities for this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is a sedentary role; however, some filing may be required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing, as necessary. This position spends a minimum of 90% of working hours talking on the telephone and working at a computer.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee may be required to stand, walk, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. There is no travel required for this position.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma and certification as a Medical Assistant or CNA with minimum of 2 years’ experience in a medical setting.
Preferred Education and Experience
Associate degree; Experience working in a Call Center and with the elderly
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employees’ electronic signature constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions, and duties of the position.