Client Care Specialist
Summary of the position
The Client Care Specialist position handles all communication with the client after the application for the Aid & Attendance pension has been submitted. Maintains close communications with the client, via the telephone, to aid in getting the client fully entitled for Aid & Attendance, as well as helping the client to stay entitled. The goal of this position is to ensure quicker communication with clients and enhanced customer service.
- 1. Call clients and be able to:
- Thoroughly explain the Aid & Attendance Pension Thoroughly explain Service & Loan Agreement
- Explain the benefits of the VetAssist Program
- Handle escalated calls
- Document every call
- 2. Maintain consistent communication with client to ensure files are accurate, complete, and in compliance for over 150 clients.
- 3. Communicate clearly with the client about the specifics of the (0% interest) loan repayment as necessary through the entitlement process as well as while the client remains active with VHC.
- 4. Maintain written and verbal communication between client, VA and Veterans Home Care.
- 5. Extensive computer and telephone work required, the majority of the workday is spent sitting and working with a computer and telephone.
- 6. Assist in starting of service to clients.
- 7. Manage client-provider relationship.
- 1. Ethical Conduct.
- 2. Communication Proficiency.
- 3. Thoroughness.
- 4. Customer/Client Focus.
- 5. Technical Capacity
- 6. Attention to Detail
- 7. Analytical Skills
- 8. Comfort in discussing financial information
- 9. Organizational Skills
This position has no supervisory requirements.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is largely a sedentary role however some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds, open filing cabinets and bending or standing as necessary. This position spends a minimum of 90% of working hours talking on the telephone and sitting and working at a computer. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Minimum high school diploma; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, percentages, discounts; ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as bank statements and basic correspondence.
Preferred Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree; 2 years experience in insurance, financial or medical fields.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee electronic signature constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.